[Rd] make file.rename return invisible

Dipterix Wang d|pter|x@w@ng @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri Mar 24 06:12:29 CET 2023

Dear R Core devs,

I wonder if it makes sense to make function file.rename return invisible? This is not a big issue, but when running in RMarkdown or knitr, this function will print results. I have to manually call invisible to hide the output from showing in the final document:

```r
invisible(file.rename(...))
```

Otherwise knitr will print:

```
file.rename(...)
#> TRUE
```

If this function is designed for debug/interactive use, and the return is designed to be visible so users don't have to manually print, would it be possible to add an option to suppress the printing?

Best,
- D
	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]