[BioC] anon cvs?

A.J. Rossini rossini@u.washington.edu
21 Aug 2002 06:33:58 -0700

>>>>> "robert" == Robert Gentleman <rgentlem@jimmy.harvard.edu> writes:

    robert>  Either the web cvs down load or rsync are
    robert>  possible. anonymous cvs is not generally viewed as a good
    robert>  idea. R has now dropped it (I beleive).

I would disagree partially.  anon cvs is an excellent idea, far easier
than rsync for maintaining local versions of code; it's just a
potential security hole (hence a headache).  Never the less,
Bioconductor will NOT be running one on franz (we could set one up at
UW, using the existing facilities there, but that is another
discussion).

It does look like R's (and hence, franz's) anoncvs server is dead,
though.  It wasn't, a few (many? time goes by fast these days) weeks
ago.

best,
-tony

--
A.J. Rossini				Rsrch. Asst. Prof. of Biostatistics
U. of Washington Biostatistics		rossini@u.washington.edu