[BioC] anon cvs?

Douglas Bates bates@stat.wisc.edu
21 Aug 2002 09:26:33 -0500

Jeff Gentry <jgentry@jimmy.harvard.edu> writes:

> > I can't find any instructions for anonymous cvs access to the bio
> > conductor cvs repository. The faq say to use rsync which does not seem
> > to be set up yet.
>
> Its not, and as far as anon cvs I don't think that such a beast is set up
> either right now.

rsync is now set up on rsync.r-project.org (a.k.a. franz.stat.wisc.edu)

$ cd /var/tmp
bates@bates3:/var/tmp$ rsync rsync.r-project.org::
r-release      	R-1.5.1 sources (current released version - approx 25 MB)
r-patched      	R sources (patched released version - approx 25 MB)
r-devel        	R sources (devel version, less stable - approx 25 MB)
r-manuals      	Development sources for manuals for R
r-recommended  	Sources for recommended R packages
xlispstat      	xlispstat sources (development version) CVS tree (approx 12 MB)
CRAN           	Complete CRAN ftp area
Bioc-release   	Bioconductor sources (current release version)
Bioc-devel     	Bioconductor sources (devel version, less stable)
omega-cvs      	Omega Project for Statistical Computing CVS tree
r-project-web  	Web pages for www.r-project.org and mirrors
Omegahat       	Complete ftp archive for Omegahat

I created these views by
 cvs -d /home/madman/CVS-ARCHIVE co -P -r RELEASE_1_0 madman
and
 cvs -d /home/madman/CVS-ARCHIVE co -P madman

Please check it and tell me if that is the view of the CVS tree that
was intended.

If you want to add rsync.bioconductor.org as a CNAME, the machine that
runs the rsync server is franz.stat.wisc.edu (128.105.174.95).  AFAIK
rsync doesn't have an idea of a virtual server so connection to the
rsync server under any CNAME will give access to all the modules.