[BioC] CDF file package for the Drosophila Affy chip

Laurent Gautier laurent@cbs.dtu.dk
Tue, 10 Dec 2002 03:25:05 +0100

On Mon, Dec 09, 2002 at 04:19:56PM -0500, Terry Gaasterland wrote:

> Hello,
>
> The Drosophila chip CDF file package is missing from the CDF
> data page at:
>
>   http://www.bioconductor.org/data/cdfenvs/cdfenvs.html
>
> All of the other chips that we are using are there.  Is the
> package for this chip in a special place?

nop. everything we have in the shop is there I think.

> Do you need a copy of the original Affy CDF file for this chip?

yep. So we can add it to the collection.

> Finally, since I have the CDF file but not a prepared package,
> is there a way for me to use the newest version of the R affy
> library with the CDF file directly?

You can do that too.

Here we go:

a) one way (*should* work... non tested):

library(affy)
 ## read your CEL data in 'myAffyBatch'

myname <- myAffyBatch@cdfName
 ## end R session
 ## have the CDF file named like <myname>.CDF
 ## and move it (or make a link) to your working directory with R
 ## start R again. You should not have to worry about the cdf environment

b) a another way:

library(affy)
 ## read your CEL data in 'myAffyBatch'

mycdf <- read.cdffile("path/to/my/file.CDF")
mylocationsenv <- getLocationsData.Cdf(mycdf, want.na=FALSE)

env.name <- myAffyBatch@cdfName
assign(env.name, mylocationsenv)

 ## then you can proceed without worrying about the cdf stuff...

Hopin' it helps,

L.