[BioC] trouble with 'library(rhdf5)'

Laurent Gautier laurent@cbs.dtu.dk
Fri, 19 Jul 2002 14:09:23 +0200

On Fri, Jul 19, 2002 at 08:53:54AM -0400, Vincent Carey 525-2265 wrote:

> > I came across unexplainable (for me) things with
> > the package rhdf5.
> >
> > When starting R from my home directory, I get the following:
> >

> > > library(rhdf5)
> > Error in firstlib(which.lib.loc, package) :
>
>            ^^^^^^^^  really?

Yes your honor, I used the middle mouse button to paste the R output...

> > 	not an HDF5 file
> > Error in library(rhdf5) : .First.lib failed
>
> this sounds like a workspace left over from old attempts.
> rhdf5 saves some information in .hdf5* files in the working
> directory in which it was attached.

I was suspecting something like that (but could not find them
because I did 'ls -lt | head' rather then 'ls -lta | head'
(looks like I'd have better stayed in bed today)

> look for those and get rid of them if they are
> causing problems.  i regret that i don't know their exact
> function.

...I am currently thinking about how to recover things from the
previous session, how could one save R objects using rhdf5, etc...
I hope a documentation is coming...

Thanks for the lightning fast enlightment,

L.