[BioC] problem in diagnostic plots?

Peter Baker (CMIS, Indooroopilly) Peter.Baker@csiro.au
Wed, 31 Jul 2002 19:19:10 +1000 (EST)

Hi All

I've just started using Bioconductor and seems really good.

As a test, I've read in two GenePix files - essentially the same code
as ReadSpot example and seem to be able to plot, print, normalise ....

The only problem I've encountered is

> maDiagnPlots1(test[,2])
Error in plot.new() : Figure margins too large
> maRawPlots(test[,2])
Error in plot.new() : Figure margins too large
> maNormPlots(test[,2])
Error in maMloc(structure(list(), maRf = structure(c(4109, 771, 3073,  :
	No direct or inherited method for function "maMloc" for this call

I get the first plot only - seems to stop at the second

Does anyone recognise this sort of problem?

Could it be missing values? Do I need to filter these in some way
before plotting? The arrays have row 10 of each 'block' empty

However, plots like these work absolutely fine

### backgrounds
maImage(test[,1], x = "maGb", contour=TRUE)
maImage(test[,1], x = "maRb", contour=TRUE)

### raw images
maImage(test[,1])

> version
         _
platform i686-pc-linux-gnu
arch     i686
os       linux-gnu
system   i686, linux-gnu
status
major    1
minor    5.1
year     2002
month    06
day      17
language R

> Sys.info()
     sysname                               release
     "Linux"                         "2.4.18-5smp"
(RedHat linux 7.3)

Thanks for your help

Regards
Peter

--
Dr Peter Baker, Statistician (Bioinformatics/Genetics),
CSIRO Mathematical & Information Sciences,