[BioC] Re: reading affy table

Laurent Gautier laurent@cbs.dtu.dk
Thu, 13 Jun 2002 19:42:59 +0200

On Thu, Jun 13, 2002 at 10:51:46AM -0400, Sek Won Kong, M.D. wrote:
> Dear all
>
> two quick questions
>
> #1. how can I import the external expression value table to affy? If
> possible, in which format?

?! Do you mean the output generated by the M.A.S. software ?
If yes, one can import the table (eventually after cutting header/bottom
of the generated document) the 'regular' way in R... but then you are
beyond the juridiction of package (i.e. the job was done by MAS).

Others goodies of Bioconductor (annotate, AnnBuilder, and many others...)
might be what you want instead...

> #2. I saw AvgDiff, AvgDiff2, rma, and li.wong in express. Is it possible to
> calculate the Signal value which is implemented to Microarray Suite version
> 5 in affy?

I do not have access to manufacturer's doc at the moment. Could you remind
me what is the 'Signal value' ? May be I can help.

Hopin' it helps,

L.

> Thank you very much for the helps in advance.
>
> SW

Laurent Gautier			CBS, Building 208, DTU
PhD. Student			DK-2800 Lyngby,Denmark
tel: +45 45 25 24 85		http://www.cbs.dtu.dk/laurent