[BioC] placement of DTD files in a package?

Vincent Carey 525-2265 stvjc@channing.harvard.edu
Wed, 20 Mar 2002 17:11:01 -0500 (EST)

> So, do DTD files get placed under data or in a completely separate location, for installation purposes?  (i.e. ../package/data, ../package/inst/xml,  or ../package/inst/dtd, or other??)

i know of no convention on this.  we may not need one.
package code that uses the DTD will have to be explicit
about its location.  any of the choices you list may
be appropriate depending on the visibility and separateness
of resources desired by the package designer.

does this lead to cacophony in package structure?
i don't think so.