[BioC] difference between biobase and biobase2?

Robert Gentleman rgentlem@jimmy.harvard.edu
Fri, 22 Mar 2002 09:54:47 -0500

Biobase2 doesn't use methods. There is a long standing bug, that
whenever I run a big simulation using S4 methods I get a segfault.
Generally hours into the calc., the problem goes away with Biobase2
cause I don't rely on methods (but I have not updated it in ages and
keep hoping a simpler example of the segfault will appear so we can
track down the bug).

| Robert Gentleman                 phone : (617) 632-5250                   |
| Associate Professor              fax:   (617)  632-2444                   |
| Harvard School of Public Health  email: rgentlem@jimmy.dfci.harvard.edu   |