[BioC] Tex files

Nicholas Birkett (@rogers account) nbirkett@rogers.com
Sun, 26 May 2002 10:32:35 -0400

After a very interesting workshop from Terry Speed's group, I have
downloaded the Bioconductor suite of programmes.  They installed fine and I
can run the seminar examples with no problem.  HOwever, I am trying to print
out the manual information to learn more about the various utilities.  I
would like to print out the LaTex versions.  HOwever, I am not a LaTex user.
I have installed the latest Tex and LaTex programmes on my SUN computer
(following the CTAN installation instructions).  They work fine with my
simple sample files.  However, every time I try to run it on the Tex files
with your distribution, it blows up on the first line with an error:
'!Undefined Control Sequence'.

I suspect that, in my ignorance of LaTex, I am probably doing something
dumb.  Any advice would be appreciated.  Alternatively, do you have the Tex
files in another format (eg. pdf or ps)?  Or, do you have a consolidated
manual describing the programmes and how the relate to each other?

Many thanks for your help.

Nicholas Birkett, M.D., M.Sc.
Epidemiology and Community Medicine
University of Ottawa                        nbirkett@zeus.med.uottawa.ca
451 Smyth Rd.,                              (613)-562-5800 x 8289 (voice)
Ottawa, Ontario,                            (613)-562-5465          (fax)
Canada.   K1H 8M5