[BioC] Expression Array databases...

A.J. Rossini rossini@u.washington.edu
03 Nov 2002 12:44:35 -0800

So, I wrote a few weeks (months, maybe) ago asking about databases.
IoBion and VisXlabs products seem to be options in the "low cost"
expression array facility category.

However, I've spent the last 3 hours (with numerous unscheduled
interruption by little ones) installing/playing with BASE
(http://base.thep.lu.se/), which seems to be a reasonable candidate to
"play well" with BioConductor.  Does anyone have any experience with
it?  (simple to setup on my Debian system, about 20 commands including
install of mysql and php4, etc).

Does anyone have experiences with it in a production environment?

best,
-tony

--
A.J. Rossini				Rsrch. Asst. Prof. of Biostatistics
U. of Washington Biostatistics		rossini@u.washington.edu