[BioC] specifying hyperlinks on the plot

A.J. Rossini rossini@u.washington.edu
03 Nov 2002 15:45:16 -0800

    jane> currently i am specifying clone names with a very small cex size and
    jane> passing images on the biologists in the pdf format who then open it up in
    jane> the Photoshop which i guess has a very good ability to zoom in (maybe
    jane> adobe acrobat does too: i just don't have the full version). In any case
    jane> focusing the mouse on the right clone names is not a problem for them. But
    jane> i guess Vincent's concern is the file size with hyperlinks encoded for
    jane> each clone name, is it right? Sparcing links across the genome would also
    jane> be an option of course. What would be a reasonable number of hyperlinks
    jane> per image?

Could you define "image" a bit better?  I'm a bit confused (maybe
others are, as well) if you mean "picture of a chip", or just "stuff
in a PDF file"?

If you are planning on clicking on a "spot", yikes, but just
annotating text via hyperlinks, as long as its readable, should be
fine...  (well, readable and "mouse-able").

best,
-tony

--
A.J. Rossini				Rsrch. Asst. Prof. of Biostatistics
U. of Washington Biostatistics		rossini@u.washington.edu