[BioC] Affy : checkSlotAssignment() Error

Robert Gentleman rgentlem@jimmy.harvard.edu
Wed, 6 Nov 2002 13:47:32 -0500

On Wed, Nov 06, 2002 at 01:26:15PM -0500, Sundaram, Shyam (NIH/CIT) wrote:
> Hi:
> Thanks in advance for helping.
> I was able to load successfully the "HG-U133A" CEL and CDF file through the
> ReadAffy() method into a "plob" object. When I tried to convert it to the
> exprSet using the express() function I was faced with the following error
> message.
> Normalizing Data
> Error in checkSlotAssignment(object, name, value) :
>         Value supplied is not valid for slot "pm", is(value, "matrix") is
> not TRUE

 Hi,
  could you rerun the problem to this point and then (before doing
  anything else) in R do

  traceback()

  This should tell us where you are.
  You could then use the debug function in R to try and track down
  just what the problem is.
  Basically there is some problem and the pm matrix has not been
  computed. To diagnose the exact problem we need to know a bit more.