[BioC] affy image() mirrored?

Laurent Gautier laurent@cbs.dtu.dk
Fri, 22 Nov 2002 13:21:11 +0100

On Thu, Nov 21, 2002 at 08:40:00PM +0800, William Kenworthy wrote:
> Just loaded the latest R and bioconductor.  Been playing with affy and
> U34a rat chips and found that the image() function returns an image that
> is upside down and "mirrored" (as if viewed in a mirror).  Its easily
> seen when looking at the GeneChip name in the image.

The function "image" plots the thing using the "X" and "Y" coordinates
given in CEL files. It happens that the result is the reflection
of what one would see when looking at the chip. An effort was made
to correct that at an earliest stage of the development of the package,
but I droped that as we played more with indexing of elements in Cel
object (in order to save some sanity). It did not appear to be
very important (for visual things with the image, you may want
to look at the function plotLocation)... but if it does just let
me know.

> It appears there is no bug reporting facility yet so I am posting here.

That is goodi, the 'Bug tracking' page advices to do so.

> Nice package though!

thanks,

L.