[BioC] R packages

Janice Cooke janice.cooke@rsvs.ulaval.ca
Thu, 28 Nov 2002 11:47:47 -0800

I just wanted to let you know that I am thrilled to see R packages for
microarray analysis, but I=92m even more pleased to see a community
developing as well as the creation of shared resources.  My husband is a
modeler who has been using R for several years, and we had begun to use
R for some of my array analyses.  However, I always encountered stone
walls with other molecular biologists who were not familiar with the R
environment, and who felt the urge to use commercial packages such as
GeneSpring (the flocking mentality).  We will be installing R here when
we begin our microarray experiments, and I hope to become a contributing
member to the community, if not statistically, at least as a user.

=20

Thank you.  I will watch with interest for new developments

=20

Janice Cooke

Functional Genomics Coordinator

Centre de Recherche en Biologie Foresti=E8re

Pavillon Marchand

Universit=E9 Laval

Qu=E9bec, Qu=E9bec

G1K 7P4