[BioC] parallel mods to affy package

Warnes, Gregory R gregory_r_warnes@groton.pfizer.com
Thu, 3 Oct 2002 17:36:46 -0400

I'm just starting to look at integrating Luke Tierney's 'snow' package with
the 'affy' package in order to parallelize the work.

Initially, I'm planning on modifying 'express' by adding a new parameter
"cl" for cluster.    Next I'll probably tackle ReadAffy and friends.

When 'cl' is a valid snow cluster, parRapply, parCapply, clusterAppy,  ..
will be called instead of 'apply( ..., 1, ...)',  'apply(.., 2, ..)',
lapply, etc.

1) Comments on the plan?

2) Can I get CVS access (I'll do my work in a branch until OK'ed by the
group)?  This will save me the trouble of creating a local CVS archive for
this and trying to keep it in sync.

-Greg

LEGAL NOTICE
Unless expressly stated otherwise, this message is confidential and may be privileged. It is intended for the addressee(s) only. Access to this E-mail by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not an addressee, any disclosure or copying of the contents of this E-mail or any action taken (or not taken) in reliance on it is unauthorized and may be unlawful. If you are not an addressee, please inform the sender immediately.