[BioC] Problems Getting Started

Ann Hess hess at stat.colostate.edu
Thu Apr 10 11:51:35 MEST 2003

I am trying to get started with BioConductor.  I installed BioConductor
using the installation script getBioC.R (following the instructions given
on the website).

Everything seemed to install OK, but when I used the command:

"Data<-ReadAffy(widget=TRUE)"

I get the following error:

Error in firstlib(which.lib.loc, package) :
        TCL_LIBRARY is not set
Error in firstlib(which.lib.loc, package) :
        Package tcltk unavailable!
Error in eval(expr, envir, enclos) : Package widgetTools unavailable

I downloaded widgetTools into my working directory, but when I tried the
command:
"library(widgetTools)"

I get the following error:

Error in firstlib(which.lib.loc, package) :
        TCL_LIBRARY is not set
Error in firstlib(which.lib.loc, package) :
        Package tcltk unavailable!
Error in library(widgetTools) : .First.lib failed

Note that the command:
"Data<-ReadAffy()",

seems to work OK,

but the command

"eset<-rma(Data)"

gives me an error about the cdf files which I have downloaded into my
working directory.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks!