[BioC] memory problem with RMA

James MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Fri Apr 18 11:29:28 MEST 2003

Set your command line parameter --max-mem-size=1G and don't open extraneous programs.

You should easily be able to handle this many 133A chips with 1Gb. Otherwise use justRMA in the devel version of affy.

Jim

James W. MacDonald
UMCCC Microarray Core Facility
1500 E. Medical Center Drive
7410 CCGC
Ann Arbor MI 48109
734-647-5623

>>> <Phguardiol at aol.com> 04/18/03 10:11AM >>>
Hi,
I am trying to read 35 affy 133 A chips using the RMA function and despite
that with the same computer I was able to read 38 A chips few days ago, today
it cannot process 35 chips ...?

>library
> data<-ReadAffy()
Error: cannot allocate vector of size 69308 Kb

I m with a PC, win XP, 1Go RAM, Athlon 1900+, 3 Go free on the HDD

I restarted my PC and trie again but no change.

Any idea ?

Philippe

	[[alternate HTML version deleted]]