hb at maths.lth.se
Fri Apr 18 14:06:52 MEST 2003
Hi, here's just a quick suggestion how to simpify first time
installation. In "Bioconductor FAQ, Version 1.1.0, 2002-11-18" is says:
"Installing Bioconductor packages using the installation script
1. To install the relevant Bioconductor packages, open a web browser to
the Bioconductor website and follow the links to either "Released
Packages" or "Developmental Packages" under the "Downloads" section.
Download the installation script getBioC.R.
2. Start the R program typing "R" at the shell prompt.
3. Change the working directory to be the directory where you saved the
file getBioC.R, e.g., "setwd("~/Project1")".
4. Type the command "source("getBioC.R")" at the R prompt to source the
installation script into your R session. Alternately, you could paste
the entire length of the script into your R window."
All this can be replaced by
1. Load the installation script by
which should ensure that the latest script is used too. Note that
source(), or rather parse(), does not require url(), e.g.
Dept. of Mathematical Statistics @ Centre for Mathematical Sciences Lund
Institute of Technology/Lund University, Sweden
(Sweden +2h UTC, Melbourne +10 UTC, Calif. -7h UTC)
+46 708 909208 (cell), +46 46 320 820 (home),
+1 (508) 464 6644 (global fax),
+46 46 2229611 (off), +46 46 2224623 (dept. fax)
h b @ m a t h s . l t h . s e, http://www.maths.lth.se/~hb/
More information about the Bioconductor