[BioC] too many cel files for RMA

James MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Thu Apr 24 10:32:27 MEST 2003

First off, it is difficult to help if you don't give any more information such as your OS, R version, affy version, etc.

Because there was an HTML version to this email, I will assume you are on windoze.

You can allocate more memory for R by appending --max-mem-size=<however much RAM you have> to the command line for starting R, or by using memory.limit(size=<RAM in bytes>) from within R. However, R is supposed to be much better about grabbing whatever RAM it needs in versions > 1.5 or so, so this may not really help.

If this doesn't work, try justRMA in the development version of affy. All it does is RMA, but it takes much less memory.

Jim

James W. MacDonald
UMCCC Microarray Core Facility
1500 E. Medical Center Drive
7410 CCGC
Ann Arbor MI 48109
734-647-5623

>>> Jörg Mages <mages at lrz.tu-muenchen.de> 04/24/03 05:08AM >>>
Dear All,

I do have a problem while reading in more than 20 cel files using ReadAffy(). The error message is : can t allocate vector. Can anybody help?

Thank s in advance
Joerg

	[[alternate HTML version deleted]]