[BioC] Affy crashes if cdf environment missing

James MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Wed Apr 30 11:42:12 MEST 2003

Hi,

I just wanted to let the affy developers know that the devel version of affy completely bombs out if you don't have the requisite cdf environment installed.

Details:

OS: Win XP
R: 1.7.0
Affy: 1.2.10
Biobase: 1.3.17
tkWidgets: 1.2.13 <- I think these are the only two version-level dependencies

If I read in some e.g., RG-U34A chips without the rgu34acdf environment installed, and then try to do anything with the AffyBatch, I get the following error:

Error in how[[i]] : subscript out of bounds
Error in inherits(cdf.env, "try-error") : Object "cdf.env" not found

If you are willing to wait about 10 minutes, you can then use the computer. Otherwise it requires a reboot to recover.

And yeah, I know, whaddaya expect if you don't have things set up correctly? Just doing my part to make Bioconductor fool proof ;-D

Jim

James W. MacDonald
UMCCC Microarray Core Facility
1500 E. Medical Center Drive