[BioC] Re: Problem with VSN package AGAIN

Jeff Gentry jgentry at jimmy.harvard.edu
Wed Apr 30 16:21:06 MEST 2003

On Wed, 30 Apr 2003 w.huber at dkfz-heidelberg.de wrote:
> Has anyone encountered a similar problem with this or other packages? I
> haven't used the R.1.7.0 release much, is it otherwise working well? I
> attach the the code that is executed when vsn is loading (zzz.R and
> .initvsn()), maybe someone sees something that I don't.

>From what I understand (and have seen) this is a problem with R-1.7.0 (I
haven't as of yet seen it 'solved' w/ R-1.8.0, these segfaults don't seem
to "always" happen, so sometimes I think it is "fixed" when it is not
really).  The reposTools package nails R pretty frequently w/ this (and
same workaround - load another package, then reposTools).  So it isn't
just the vsn package, but anything with generics/methods I believe.

-J