[BioC] Affymetrix MAS5 Calls

Paul Boutros pcboutro at engmail.uwaterloo.ca
Fri Aug 1 20:08:27 MEST 2003

Hi all,

Just wondering if there was some way to replicate the expression-level calls in
MAS5 here?  I'm primarily interested in the calls made for each array: is a
particular ProbeSet present, absent, etc.

I would like to be able to compare the results of those calls between RMA,
MBEI, and MAS5 flavours of normalization, BG-correction, and MM-correction.  My
understanding is that these are the only factors differing between the three
methods for the purpose of "expression calls" (summary method is irrelevant).

I realize that this isn't trivial because MAS5 "perturbs" the bg-factor before
doing the rank-test, so there isn't a direct analogue to RMA or MBEI.  Any
suggestions on this are very much appreciated.

Paul