[BioC] fixed

Chad Shaw cashaw at bcm.tmc.edu
Wed Aug 6 12:51:56 MEST 2003

JZ:

Indexing to the ends of genes seems like an error --it makes for
inconsistency
in the interpretation of CHRLOC.

I went ahead and downloaded UCSC tables and fixed the error in my local
work.

What I did was: download various UCSC tables, look for - strand genes,
use the
opposite (largest available) index (start of transcription index) as the
CHRLOC for the
- strand genes.

Hope this helps.
CASHAW