[BioC] Limma Documentation: normalization functions

Paul Boutros pcboutro at engmail.uwaterloo.ca
Fri Aug 8 16:24:04 MEST 2003

Hi all,

I'm trying to get familiar with the limma package, but I've run into something
I don't understand.  After I load the package, if I type:
?normalizeWithinArrays
The documentation doesn't give a list of available normalization methods.
Instead it refers me to:
"An overview of LIMMA functions for normalization is given in 4.Normalization."

However, when I go to the "limma: Linear Models for Microarray Data User's
Guide" (a pdf in the limma folder of my /library) there is no section on
normalization there.  I also didn't see a vignette for limma.  Since nobody
else has asked about this, I figure the documentation is here somewhere, and I
just don't know where to find it!  Any guidance much appreciated.

Paul

limma user's Guide is 19-May-2003.
limma is 1.0.8
R is 1.7.1