[BioC] problem downloading cdf package

Toby Lieber liebert at mail.rockefeller.edu
Tue Aug 12 18:14:55 MEST 2003

Hi,

When trying to run expresso we ran into a problem downloading the
drosegenome1cdf package. This is the error message we got.

background correcting...Environment drosgenome1cdf is not available.
This environment contains needed probe location information.
We will try to download and install the drosgenome1cdf package.

Note: No specified download type, defaulting to Source
[1] "Attempting to download drosgenome1cdf from BIOCcdf/"
Error in download.file(fileURL, destFile, mode = "wb", quiet = TRUE,
method = method) :
         unsupported URL scheme

We don't think this is a problem with our setup as we have previously
been successful running expresso.  Does anyone have a solution?

Thanks alot,
Toby