[BioC] New Affy SpikeIn Data Set & Affy

laurent buffat laurent.buffat at it-omics.com
Wed Aug 27 17:32:44 MEST 2003

Dear all,

Affymetrix provied a new SpikeIn data Sets
https://www.affymetrix.com/support/datasets.affx

But, this data sets requires a special, alternate chip description file
(CDF),
because there is eight artificial clones

And when I try to load/bg correct and normalise the data in R, I have an
error at the bg.correct step :

> exp <- ReadAffy(filenames=list.cel,phenoData=phenodata,verbose=T)
Ok, no problem

> exp <- bg.correct(exp, method = "rma",verbose=T)

Sample :  1Error in .local(object, ...) : Information about probe locations
for unknown  could not be found.
Try downloading the unknowncdf package from
http://www.bioconductor.org/data/cdfenvs/cdfenvs.html

The correct CDF is available at affymetrix.
I have try to put this CDF in the data directory (as it was necessary in the
first version of affy), but it doesn' work.

How I can read this data with affy ?

Thanks for your help.

L. Buffat