[BioC] gcrma and memory size - rhdf5 question

Phguardiol at aol.com Phguardiol at aol.com
Tue Dec 2 17:07:21 MET 2003

Hi
I m trying to use GCRMA 1.0.1 under R1.8.1 with Affy 1.3.26 under win XP Pro with 18 U133A Affychips and I obtain this message:
background correcting...Error: cannot allocate vector of size 96 Kb
which means that I dont have enough RAM
How can I increase the memory size... knowing that I already have 3.62 Go RAM !!!
rhdf5 is not anymore available as a Win package...just as a source package: could it be of some help here ? If so can somebody send me the compiled version for Win ?
Is there a GCRMexpress version such as the RMAexpress that does not need R ?
Should I move to a 1.4.x version of Affy ?
thanks for your precious help as usual
Philippe