[BioC] Annotation data package is not being created

Law, Annie Annie.Law at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
Thu Dec 11 21:19:39 MET 2003

Hi,

I would appreciate help with the following.  I was following the vignette
"How to use AnnBuilder".
I tried to adapt this to my goal of creating an annotation data package with
the Unigene Identifiers.
I made some very minor changes and used the file samclonegb2 which is just a
small text file with
the first column being a list of IMAGE cloneIDs and the second column is a
list of GenBank accesion numbers.
I used the following lines and the sampclonegb2 seem to load properly and
then finally
I got the error message listed below. I get some output files formed for
example the XML file is formed
but my input data has not been mapped to any of the information from the
databases.
"Error in "colnames<-"(`*tmp*`, value = colNames) :
        attempt to set colnames on object with less than two dimensions"
I am not sure what I am missing.

Also, my current file sampclonegb2 is very simple in that I have one Genbank
accession number
for each cloneID.  My actual source file contains cases where I have more
than one
Genbank accession number associated with a cloneid.  What is the best way to
approach this?

thanks very much,
Annie.

library(AnnBuilder)
read.table(file.path(.path.package("AnnBuilder"), "data", "sampclonegb2"),
sep = "\t", header = FALSE, as.is = TRUE)
myBase <- file.path(.path.package("AnnBuilder"), "data", "sampclonegb2")
myBaseType <- "gb"
mySrcUrls <- getSrcUrl("all", organism = "human")
mySrcUrls
myDir <- tempdir()
if (.Platform$OS.type == "unix") {
fromWeb <- TRUE
} else {
fromWeb <- FALSE
}
if (.Platform$OS.type != "windows") {
ABPkgBuilder(baseName = myBase, srcUrls = mySrcUrls, baseMapType =
myBaseType,
otherSrc = NULL, pkgName = "abmyPkg", pkgPath = myDir,
organism = "human", version = "1.1.0", makeXML = TRUE,
author = list(author = "Annie", maintainer = "myname at myemail.com"),
fromWeb =fromWeb)}

"It may take me a while to process the data. Be patient!"