[BioC] Nobody wants to comment on this? post justRMA hist plots

Rafael A. Irizarry ririzarr at jhsph.edu
Mon Dec 15 21:44:51 MET 2003

i dont see any problems with those plots. if you are worried about the
unsmoothness around the mode its probably due the smoothing criteria
used in the density estimator not being large enough for your data.
look at the code for plotDensity or simply use

for(i in 1:ncol(exprs(rma_eset)))
 hist(exprs(rma_eset)[,i],nclass=25)

to see that there is really no problem. make nclass big enough and the
histograms start getting rough. thats true for any continuos data.