[BioC] Methods to access GeneName to ProbeID in package Affy

w.huber at dkfz-heidelberg.de w.huber at dkfz-heidelberg.de
Mon Dec 15 23:56:53 MET 2003

Hi Mark,

this is documented in the vignette to the affy package, section 7.
To repeat it here, you can get the probe set names by

   psets = ls(hgu95av2cdf)

(replace "hgu95av" by whatever your chip name is). The indices of
the j-th probe set's PM and MM probes by

  get(psets[j], hgu95av2cdf)

and use these to subset the exprs matrix of the AffyBatch object.

Alternatively, a dataframe that maps probe Ids and probe set Ids (and
provides the sequence as well) is available in the probe packages, e.g.
hgu95av2probe.

Best wishes
 Wolfgang

Wolfgang Huber