[BioC] RE: get over it/WAKE uP and SMELL the COFFEE (Naomi Altman)

Baker, Stephen Stephen.Baker at umassmed.edu
Thu Dec 18 19:07:30 MET 2003

IMHO, Microarray technology is so powerful and has so much potential, I
don't think its future can be overstated.  There are companies and
groups working long and hard right to extend and improve it. We can look
forward to soon seeing  the entire human genome on a single chip and in
the future with accuracy  equal to or better than other laboratory assay
techniques for single genes.  Even now I believe that with enough chips
microarray data alone can be sufficient for definitive investigations.

Stephen P. Baker, MScPH, PhD (ABD)            (508) 856-2625
Sr. Biostatistician- IS Bioinformatics Unit.
Lecturer in Biostatistics                     (775) 254-4885 fax
Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences
University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worcester
55 Lake Avenue North                          stephen.baker at umassmed.edu
Worcester, MA 01655  USA