[BioC] limma and spottypes

Simon Melov smelov at buckinstitute.org
Mon Dec 22 07:58:22 MET 2003

Thanks for the speedy response. After upgrading to the latest version
of limma it works fine. However, I now would like to just plot some
spots from the spot types file. I'm sure its pretty simple, but Ive
tried all sorts of permutations of the controlStatus function, but cant
seem to get it to work. Here is an example, I would like to just plot
"genes", as well as "Buffer" in an MA plot for example. I already
assigned colors in the spottype file. What would be the appropriate
functions?

thanks

Simon.
 >types<-readSpotTypes()
 > types
          SpotType                     ID Name  Color
1            gene                      *    *  Black
2   Calibration-1  Spot Report Product 1    *    red
3   Calibration-2 Spot Report Product 10    *    red
4   Calibration-3  Spot Report Product 2    *    red
5   Calibration-4  Spot Report Product 3    *    red
6   Calibration-5  Spot Report Product 4    *    red
7   Calibration-6  Spot Report Product 5    *    red
8   Calibration-7  Spot Report Product 6    *    red
9   Calibration-8  Spot Report Product 7    *    red
10  Calibration-9  Spot Report Product 8    *    red
11 Calibration-10  Spot Report Product 9    *    red
12          Empty                  Empty    * yellow
13         Buffer    3XSSC  1.5M Betaine    *   blue
14        No data                No data    *   pink
15      Human Cot            Human Cot 1    *  green
16      Mouse Cot            Mouse Cot 1    *  green
17        B Actin         B-Human Actin     * purple
18         Poly A                 Poly A    * orange
19   Salmon Sperm           Salmon Sperm    * orange
 > RG$genes$Status<-controlStatus(types,RG)
Matching patterns for: ID Name
Found 25088 gene
Found 32 Calibration-1
Found 32 Calibration-2