[BioC] labels on hist

Laurent Gautier laurent at cbs.dtu.dk
Mon Dec 22 14:40:09 MET 2003

One way to do so is to use the function 'legend()'

Example:

data(affybatch.example)

r <- hist(affybatch.example, col=1:6, lty=1:5)
## check on the plot where you would like to have the legend
## (here 12, 0.4 looks like a good place)

legend(10, 0.2, legend=sampleNames(affybatch.example),
       col=1:6, lty=rep(1:5, length=length(affybatch.example)))
## apparently there is a problem with the parameter lty for
## legend(), which justifies the extra bit for lty above.

Hoping it helps,

L.