[BioC] matchprobes package:Is there a bug?

w.huber at dkfz-heidelberg.de w.huber at dkfz-heidelberg.de
Tue Dec 30 21:04:27 MET 2003

Dear David,

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003, david neil hayes wrote:
> I am able to generate the new "combined" affybatch object as expected,
> however there are problems with the gene and sample names.
> geneNames(AffyBatch) returns a list of names from the new "combined" object,
> however when I extract the expression matrix from the AffyBatch object(using
> exprs(AffyBatch)), the matrix has no gene or sample names associated with it
> (no row or column names.

I have just checked in a revised version of combine that does produce the
sampleNames of the combined object. These are the column names of the
exprs slot. There are no rowNames, as usual for AffyBatches (if anything
they would be probeNames).

These updates should be available from the "Developmental Packages"
section of the website soon (check for matchprobes version 1.0.2).

Best wishes
 Wolfgang

Wolfgang Huber
Division of Molecular Genome Analysis