[BioC] Reading of .DAT files using Bioconductor

Byron Ellis bellis@hsph.harvard.edu
Tue, 11 Feb 2003 22:37:20 -0500

AFAIK the Affymetrix DAT format is actually very simple (though its
been quite some time since I looked at a DAT file). It is just a block
of 16-bit intensity values in a simple raw format after a 512-byte
header. The header contains the gridding information and well as the
image extents... If you have photoshop around, you can actually open
the DAT file in Photoshop using the "RAW" file format if you like :-)