[BioC] problem reading yeast data

Lei Zhuge lzhuge@almaak.usc.edu
Thu, 23 Jan 2003 15:34:16 -0800 (PST)

Dear Bioconductor Staff:

I'm having a problem in reading yeast microarray data by R & Bioconductor.
The error message is "The file xxx.CEL does not appear to be a CEL file."
I have downloaded the yeast cdf package (ygs98cdf_0.1.zip) and installed
it using the "install package" function from R menu. A possible problem
with the data is that they were produced a long time ago (in the years of
1997 and 1998) so I wonder if a different cdf file is needed to interpret
them. Could you please diagnose the problem and advise on the solution?

Thank you.

Best regards,

Lei