[BioC] Enabling the widget option

Tapan Mehta tapmehta@yahoo.com
Fri, 24 Jan 2003 09:05:41 -0800 (PST)

Hi ,

I tried doing using the function getBioC(isDevel =
TRUE) but I am getting errors. I intially could work
wit my affy package. Now the affy package is not
present in my library. Please can yo let me know how
should I unistall the current version of BioConductor
libraries and install the new stable version of
Bioconductor libraries. I have tried the following
things;

1)ran the GetBioC.R script then did getBioC(isDevel=
TRUE)
2)ran the GetBioC.R script then did
getBioC(libName="al")
3)I also unistalled R and installed it again and did
the step2 .

> {pkg <- select.list(sort(.packages(all.available =
TRUE)))
+ if(nchar(pkg)) library(pkg, character.only=TRUE)}
> source("C:/Program Files/R/rw1061/GetBioC.R")
> getBioC(libName="all")
Running getBioC version 1.2.13 ....
Please direct any concerns or questions to
bioconductor@stat.math.ethz.ch.

[1] "Getting/installing packages reposTools and
Biobase"
unable to connect to 'www.bioconductor.org'.
Error in getPkgDisc(isDevel, version) : The url:
http://www.bioconductor.org/repository/release1.1/package/PACKAGES
does not seem to have a valid PACKAGES file.

I am now unable to work on the affy package functions
which were working fine intially.

Please guide me

Thanking you,

Tapan Mehta