[BioC] (no subject)

alea at interfree.it alea at interfree.it
Mon Jun 2 12:17:04 MEST 2003

 Laurent Gautier <laurent at cbs.dtu.dk> wrote:

> One should keep in mind the assumption behind many of the normalization
> techniques: "most of the genes are not differentially expressed across
> the
> experiments". Filtering before normalization/scaling should be done with
> that in mind.

Hi all.
I'm a novice,... may be this is he reason why I'm loosing myself..
What is a "low espressed spot"?
It seems a problem of logic.

It seems to me that on one side we say that it not an expressed gene (= we can not consider as an expressed gene),  it's more likely dued to noise (background,...).

On the other side we say that, however, it's actually an expression and good for normalizing.
Of course a non expressed gene is also not differentially expressed...

Are good enougth for normalization and not enougth for other analysis?
Is it another cut-off problem??

Absent -
So and so (for normalizing yes, other analysis no) -
Present -

AleA

Salve, il messaggio che hai ricevuto
è stato inviato per mezzo del sistema