[BioC] beginner

kfbargad at lg.ehu.es kfbargad at lg.ehu.es
Wed Jun 4 11:48:26 MEST 2003

Hi all!

I am a new user of bioconductor and I already have some questions and
problems.

I was told that the new version of R 1.8 was to be released soon. I
want to install Bioconductor but on the homepage it says it requires R
1.7.1 (patched) or later and can´t find either of them.

I have version 1.7.0 and have tried to install packages from
bioconductor such as biobase going to "Packages - install packages
from Bioconductor". I get an error that says:

-------
trying URL
`http://www.bioconductor.org/bin/windows/contrib/1.7/Biobase_1.3.22.zip
'
Content type `application/zip' length 444064 bytes
opened URL
downloaded 433Kb

Error in int.unzip(zipname, NULL, dest) : destination does not exist
--------

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your help,

David