[BioC] Bug in Biobase 1.3.22

Jeff Gentry jgentry at jimmy.harvard.edu
Thu Jun 5 15:36:29 MEST 2003

> There seems to be a bug in the latest release of the package Biobase
> (1.3.22). The code uses a function "note", which used to be defined within
> previous releases of the package, but which is obviously missing in the
> latest release. This causes an error and loading of the package fails if
> there is no valid pdf-viewer installed (Unix command line...), as "note" is
> used to display messages if e.g. a pdf-viewer couldn't be loaded. Replacing
> "note" with "warning" helps for the moment.

note() was moved to reposTools for a variety of reasons, none of them
being that it deals with repositories :)

However, Biobase loads reposTools in .First.lib(), so note() should always
be available within Biobase.  If this is not the case for you, let me know
- it certainly is for me:

> library(Biobase)
Welcome to Bioconductor
	 Vignettes contain introductory material.  To view,
	 simply type: openVignette()
	 For details on reading vignettes, see
	 the openVignette help page.
Creating a new generic function for "summary" in package
reposTools

Synching your local package management information ...
> note()
> note("foo")
Note: foo

-J