[BioC] installing XML in linux

Mahbub Latif ahmlatif at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 9 04:35:44 MEST 2003

Hi,

I was trying to install XML package in a linux
(dabian) machine and got the following error message.
I am not sure whether there is any error in my linux
installion. I appreciate suggestions to install XML
properly in this machine.

Thanks in advance.

Mahbub.

######Errors####
$ R CMD INSTALL -l /usr/local/lib/R/library/
XML_0.93-4.tar.gz
* Installing *source* package 'XML' ...
creating cache ./config.cache
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) is a
cross-compiler... no
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for xml-config... no
checking for libxml/parser.h... no
checking for gnome-xml/parser.h... no
checking for libxml/parser.h... (cached) no
checking for gnome-xml/parser.h... (cached) no
checking for libxml/parser.h... (cached) no
Cannot find parser.h. Set the value of the environment
variable
    LIBXML_INCDIR
to point to where it can be found.
ERROR: configuration failed for package 'XML'

> version
         _
platform i686-pc-linux-gnu
arch     i686