[BioC] PSB 2004 - call for papers

Wang, Hui Hui_Wang at affymetrix.com
Mon Jun 9 11:16:29 MEST 2003

Dear Colleagues,

Please excuse this email if you have received it more than once.

I am writing to let you know that we are chairing a special section on
Alternative Splicing for PSB 2004 (Pacific Symposium on Biocomputing 2004).
This meeting will be held Jan. 6-10, 2004 at the Fairmont Orchid in Kona on
the big island of Hawaii.

For this session, we will focus on the computational efforts in splice
variant research. First, we will cover the computational efforts used in
studying alternative splicing mechanisms and disease association. This
includes computational approaches for identifying cis elements, analysis of
mis-splicing and its disease association. Second, we will cover the
computational/bioinformatics efforts in genome-scale analysis of alternative
splicing. This includes public data mining and data curation, such as
building databases to annotate known variants, inferring new variants, and
determining the role of alternative splicing in disease. Third, we will
cover the efforts in using microarrays to monitor splice variant expression.
Details of the session can be found at

http://psb.stanford.edu/cfp-splicing.html
<http://psb.stanford.edu/cfp-splicing.html>

I invite you to submit a manuscript for this session. All manuscripts will
be peer-reviewed, and accepted papers will appear in both the bound and
electronic online proceedings and will be indexed in PubMed.  The paper
submission deadline is July 14th, 2003. For more information on the review
process, please see the PSB 2004 home page at

http://psb.stanford.edu <http://psb.stanford.edu>

-hui

Hui Wang  Ph.D.
Bioinformatics, Affymetrix Inc