[BioC] Golub example from Gentleman and Carey

John E. Cornell, Ph.D. cornell at uthscsa.edu
Tue Jun 10 11:39:23 MEST 2003

Goodmorning,

I am new to the list, as well as to R and Bioconductor.  As I work through
the R manual, texts, and related book chapters; I have encountered a problem
trying to walk through the examples in Gentleman and Carey's chapter
"Visualization and Annotation of Genomic Experiments".  I am runing the
examples on a Win2000 machine under R 1.7 and Bioconductor 1.2.  I have
downloaded the *.rda files from the Springer website into a data directory
on my C: drive.  I load() the golubTrain.rda and golubTest.rda along with
the appropriate libraries--biobase, genefilter, and annotate.  Typing
golubTrain yields the description of the R data object.  The problem I am
encountering is with commands that involving indexing: e.g.,
golubTrain[1:4,] or the print() command.  The former returns only the
descrition of the R data object and the latter returns "NULL".  I must be
missing an important step.  Can some one help me?

John