[BioC] Probenames appearing as X1234.at

Vincent Carey 525-2265 stvjc at channing.harvard.edu
Wed Jun 11 19:41:01 MEST 2003

> Hi,
> I'm using the affy libraries, and I've got a strange issue:
>
> Apparently at random(or at least, I've not worked out the pattern yet) I am getting probenames back as "1007_at", or as "X1007.at". Has anyone else seen this, and if so, can they help me work out what the devil is going on?
> Crispin

I don't believe anything random is happening here.  In some
contexts when R has to treat a token beginning with a number
as a possible identifier, it will a) prepend "X" and b) change
underscores to periods.  The latter will probably disappear
as the old interpretation of underscore as assignment disappears.

Tell us more about exactly what you are doing when you encounter
these changes and we can help more.