[BioC] can't read any CEL files using ReadAffy

Laurent Gautier laurent at cbs.dtu.dk
Sat Jun 14 06:34:26 MEST 2003

On Fri, Jun 13, 2003 at 06:46:12PM -0400, Huang, Mingqian  wrote:
> ReadAffy couldn't find any CDF file on my computer, even for HG_U95Av2 which is
> supposed to be included in the Affy package. I got the same error for all of
> them:
>
> > Dilution
> AffyBatch object
> size of arrays=640x640 features (12805 kb)
> Error in .local(object, ...) : Information about probe locations for HG_U95Av2
> could not be found.
> Try downloading the hgu95av2cdf package from
> http://www.bioconductor.org/data/cdfenvs/cdfenvs.html
> Error in inherits(cdf.env, "try-error") : Object "cdf.env" not found
>
> Has anybody had similar experience?

Yes, during a very short time when the version 1.2 was still under "devel".
The released version 1.2 should work smoothly.
hgu95av2cdf is included in the required package affydata I think.
You could load it early in your script.
(or rely on the autoload thinggy, as mentioned by Rafael).

L.

> Mingqian Huang
> --
> Mingqian Huang, Ph.D.
> Neurology Service
> Massachusetts General Hospital
> Wellman 425
> 50 Fruit Street
> Boston, MA 02114

currently at the National Yang-Ming University in Taipei, Taiwan