[BioC] R package for SAM

Holger Schwender holger.schw at gmx.de
Tue Jun 17 17:20:42 MEST 2003

Hi,

as promised a few weeks ago, here is the second version of the R package
siggenes that contains functions for performing both a SAM analysis and an
Empirical Bayes Analysis (only for the two class cases).

!!!!!! Please note that there is a patent pending for the SAM technology at
Stanford University. !!!!!!

Using a AMD Athlon 2000+ with 256MB RAM, the running times for a SAM
Analysis are (m: genes, B: permutations):

m=3226, B=100: ~13 sec
m=3226, B=1000: ~57 sec
m=7129, B=100: ~25 sec.

I have programmed these R routines for my diploma thesis that can be
downloaded from

http://de.geocities.com/holgerschw/thesis.pdf

The Application-Subchapters of the Chapters 5-8 contain examples of how the
functions can be applied to a data set.

Unfortunately, Yahoo limits the number of calls per day for a webpage. So if
you get an error message when trying to download my thesis, please try again
later.

Feel free to send me comments and questions about this package.

Greetings
Holger