[BioC] read.maimages

Gordon Smyth smyth at wehi.edu.au
Thu Jun 19 11:09:13 MEST 2003

Dear Leon,

At 10:54 AM 18/06/2003, leon ding wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I am trying to use limma read.maimages to load some customized datafiles.
>when I tried to specify column names for Rf and Gf, like: colums=("Cy5",
>"Cy3"), I got sytax error.
>Could anybody tell me how I can pass the list?

The limma help documentation for 'read.maimages' says:

    columns: list with fields `Rf', `Gf', `Rb' and `Gb' giving the column
           names to be used for red and green foreground and background.

So you need something like

   columns=list(Rf="Cy5",Gf="Cy3",Rb="Cy5.background",Gb="Cy3.background")

The names in double quotes are the column names in your file. The rest of
the syntax is compulsory!

Gordon