[BioC] probe information from cel image

Laurent Gautier laurent at cbs.dtu.dk
Wed Jun 25 07:16:41 MEST 2003

It is possible (and hopefully not too complicated to use).
To get info about what is at x=100, y=50 you can do:

If you have the .CDF file around:

cdf <- read.cdffile("corresponding_cdf.cdf")
cdf at name.levels[cdf at name[100, 50]]

If you do not have it, one strategy is to get close to what
is above:

m.name <- matrix(as.integer(NA), nr=abatch at nrow, nc=abatch at ncol)
g.i <- indexProbes(abatch, which="both")

for (i in seq(along=g.i)) {
  xy <- indices2xy(g.i[[i]], abatch=abatch)
  m.name[xy] <- i
}

m.name.levels <- names(g.i)

m.name.levels[m.name[100, 50]]

For interactivity, you can implement easily something using the
R function 'locator'.

I am working on a more general scheme to shuttle from indices to info(*),
and to positions to info... but I am not sure how fast this will come
true...

L.

(*: not only probe set id, but anything else one would fashion...)