[BioC] plans for binary version of *.CEL files

James MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Wed Jun 25 11:16:54 MEST 2003

All I ever do these days is analyze Affy data, so I am very interested
in knowing the details. I promise I won't be bored ;-D

Jim

James W. MacDonald
UMCCC Microarray Core Facility
1500 E. Medical Center Drive
7410 CCGC
Ann Arbor MI 48109
734-647-5623

>>> ririzarr at jhsph.edu 06/25/03 09:41AM >>>
there are several
alternatives we are considering. i wont bore you with details (unless
you
ask me to). according
to affymetrix, ascii cel files will be supproted for one more year. but

there is a possibility that things will become more difficult for
bioconductor  users in the future.  bioconductor is talking to
affymetrix
about this issue.

you may want to contact your affymetrix sales rep and explain your
situation.